Who needs a WordPress account? You do!!
Today we’re going to discuss who’s the average WordPress account holder and what is it used for. Are you ready? The answer is anyone and every industry!
Let’s break it down with a simple list of things the WordPress supports:
- General Web Site Contend: WordPress is a CMS or Content Management Tool. It allows you to add pages, images, videos, you name it. You can add content that is privately available during it’s editing stages and the published when you want it. You can publish it ‘now’ or even schedule it to be published later, at a day and time of your choosing.
- Corporate Sites: Even large companies use WordPress. Due to it’s easy of use, CMS (mentioned above) it offers a great way to manage your content.
- Consulting / Services Sites: Are you a consultant, profession trainer, etc. Then WordPress is an unbelievable tool to help you get your message out. You can easily list your what you do, how much it costs, ways to get in touch, etc.
- eCommerce: WordPress offers eCommerce plugins to allow you to sell things online. So if you’re actively looking to sell something online, try out WordPress. To get this going you’ll want to make sure that the ‘theme’ supports eCommerce and then add a Plugin that actually does the leg work. The top eCommerce plugin in WooCommerce.
- Blogging: Of course, WordPress is known for blogging. Blogging is a great way to get your message out. Technically you can use blogging as a generic term for things like: press releases, how to articles, single page advertising or promotions.
Getting interested? Read on. Ok, so who uses WordPress? We’ll here’s a quick list:
- The New Yorker
- BBC America
- Bloomberg Professional
- The Official Star Wars Blog
- Sony Music
- MTV News
- Microsoft News Center
- cPanel Blog
- The Walt Disney Company
- Usain Bolt
- Time Inc
- Facebook Newsroom
- The New York Times Company
- The Official Rackspace Blog
- The Rolling Stones
- Will Wheaton
- Snoop Dogg
- Katie Perry
- Pulse by Target
- Harvard Gazette Online
- WEBBASIX Hosting
- [add your name here – get started today]
WordPress is so easy to set up. Simply add the package to your cart and begin the checkout process. After you’ve checked out, our wizard will guide you through setting up the site in 4 easy steps. You’ll pick a theme (you can always change this later), link it to your domain (if you have one).
Our best advice is to follow along with the wizard and if you’re not sure, select the defaults. Everything can be changed later but this way you are up and running and you can start experimenting right away.
If you have questions reach out to our support line, they are available 24/7.
Not sure about a long-term commitment?
- Select the 1 month plan to Pay Monthly
No domain name yet?
- You can purchase a domain name now, or wait.
- If you don’t have a domain name you can use a temporary domain until you get one of our own.